This is what I am looking for in my clients…
- You are ready for change – even when this includes things you can do differently in order to best support yourself (or your child or teen).
- You are open to feedback and you are comfortable being real ie. giving me feedback.
- You are not looking for a quick fix.
- You want someone who has been there and done that – someone with lots of experience helping families.
- You recognize that everyone has strengths and challenges – you’re interested in finding ways to optimize your (or your child or teen’s) strengths while acknowledging existing challenges.
- You understand that we all are different (every child/ teen is different)and that there are different ways of reaching all of us including children and teens.
- You recognize that one’s mental/emotional wellness may sometimes take priority (with kids over school or extracurriculars). Children and teens do best in school when they are emotionally stable and there may be a need to focus on wellness and de-emphasize the importance of school when there are emotional or behavioral problems. Health comes first!
- You know there isn’t one “right” way to be (or to parent). Rather there are values you hold for your family. You want your lifestyle ( or your parenting) to be in alignment with these values.
This is What I can offer you….
- I will non-judgmentally listen with compassion and empathy to your story.
- I will honestly let you know if I have the expertise and training to support you with what you are going through.
- I will let you know if you need to consult with a specialist if there are issues outside of my scope of practice/ expertise.
- I will work as hard as you are working on reaching your therapeutic goals.
- We will collaborate together and come up with achievable goals.
- We will discuss how therapy is going and how we know if we are making progress.
- We will both offer each other feedback and know together if we need to change things up and/or you need a referral to someone else who is a better match.
In-office, video-visit, and phone appointments are available.